Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Celebrity Weddings: Nigerian crooner Obiora “Obiwon” Agu weds Nkechi Obioma Ezeife

On Saturday 22nd October 2011, Nigerian inspirational gospel musician,
 Obiora “Obiwon” Agu married his sweetheart, Nkechi Obioma Ezeife
The couple wed at the All Souls Church in Lekki followed by a thrilling
 and romantic reception at the Incubator in Victoria Island.
It was a beautiful day for the couple who met 4 years ago. Obiwon tells us 
how he met his beautiful wife, Nkechi – “In July 2007 while I was still working 
in the banking industry, I attended a client’s wedding but I got there so late and 
most of the guests had left the reception. I basically wanted to ask someone where 
the groom was, say hi to him and then leace. I saw my future wife from a distance
 and decided I wouldn’t ask anyone else but her!
She took me to the groom and coicidentally bride was her sister. After
 my exchanging pleasantries with the groom, I was still curious and asked 
that he call Nkechi back so I could thank her. The groom sensing something
 else quickly walked away when she came. We exchanged pleasantries and I
 asked to cram her phone number so no one would see us exchanging digits.
 After that, we exchanged texts constantly for the next few days. 3 days later,
 we met up as I had some business around her area of residence and I told her
 I wanted to marry her and start to know her better as a result. She was surprised
 and eventually I had to wait for four years. I met her parents last year and
 earlier this year, I proposed to my love, this time with an engagement ring 
and she said YES
On the  24th September 2011, Obiwon and Nkechi celebrated their 
traditional wedding at her parents’ family house in Igboukwu, 
Anambra State and then made it official during a registry
 ceremony a few days later.