Monday, June 27, 2011

Hong Kong: Lin Heung Tea House = Legend!

Who doesn’t like to eat? Even anorexic loves to eat! If you’re going to Hong Kong don’t miss to dine in Lin Heung Tea House. A very old restaurant, serves authentic dim sum (from siomai to siopao..and I don't know the rest) and I must say this… The food… DELICIOUS!!!

After I dropped my friends in Admiralty to catch the bus 629 to Ocean Park, I rode the train to Sheung Wan from Admiralty.






Then take the E2 exit and follow where my feet go… LOL!










And Voila…. It took me 20 minutes to locate this tea house… But look what I eat!


Warning: This is not a fine dining place, where a crew will greet you and assist you to find the most comfortable table in the room. This is not your typical restaurant where utensils (e.g. chopsticks, spoon, and fork) are arranged. Last is...This is not for Drama Queens and Kings.

This is what you’ll see once you go upstairs….




Sharing table is typical in this kind of restaurant… don’t be shy to sit if you’ll find a vacant chairs. Once you’re comfortable, a crew of the house will prepare your chopstick, spoon, cups, and tea for you to use.




Once you have in front all necessary things, you have to wash the utensils and cup using the tea in a pot (this tea also serve as your drink). The staff will give you a card with numbers, this card serves as your order and the push cart ladies will stamp the card every time you pick a food in the cart. To order a food, as I’ve said above no waiter to serve you the food you want, but you have to go and choose your food from the push card ladies. Be prepared because you have to fight for your food. Not all Hong Kongers are rude, people who I shared table with were nice.













When you're finish and decided to leave the place, go to the cashier near the stairs with your card and pay there… guess what how much all the food I eat cost? HK$85!!

Lin Heung Tea House
Wellington Street, Central
Hong Kong