Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Betchai-golly WOW!!!

First of all, I would like to congratulate my very dearly beloved BFF (you know who you are) because last Saturday, she's officially getting married. Her boyfriend...ehemmmm... fiance proposed to her. I don't know the details yet about the proposal... I'm waiting (heard you went crazy?).

I was acquainted with the soon to be groom (SBTG) in looking for the engagement ring. I searched the street of Ongpin in Binondo and other malls during my day off or retail therapy. The street of Ongpin in Binondo is a nice place to buy jewelry, specifically a ring with diamond (ranging from PH 12, 000 or $250 and above), but if you're planning to buy there and you' have no idea with the real thing, you need someone whose an expert with the real bling bling, because for me (I'm not into jewelry thingy)...if the jewelry store is not well-known or located and have a boutique inside the malls, I have a doubt that they are real. I end up eating an egg tart from Lord Stow in Ongpin while doing the ring shopping. I found the perfect ring at ACME Jewelry in SM Mall of Asia, before we watch Inception with my friends. A 0.10 karat diamond and 18 karat (I forgot) white gold ring with gold that surrounds the diamond, simple, elegant, and GORGEOUS! Told immediately to STBG the location of the ring. Last Saturday, I received a text from STBG that he gave the ring to my BFF.. my reaction was.... I DIED! ohMyGod! (with my reaction, I felt I was the one who got engaged!...KALOKA!!)

Looking for an engagement ring is very hard, especially  if you're on a tight budget. So I sympathize to all the guys whose looking for a ring to propose to their girlfriend. Engagement ring shouldn't be big as your eye ball (for heaven sake.. but that would be BANANAS!), if you're on a tight budget? a 0.10 karat or lower diamond is perfectly fine but if you have plenty of $$$, then why not spend over PH 20, 000 or $500.


ACME Jewelry is having an on-going sale...so Go na!
2nd Floor, Mall of Asia (near the Center Stage Theater).