Monday, July 26, 2010

Hong Kong Shopping Part 2

IKEA --

Photo from Google


IKEA! IKEA! IKEA! Fun, modern, affordable, high quality, and great designs, words I can only think to describe if I see or hear IKEA. If God will give me an opportunity to live in HK, I'll probably buy my furniture and kitchen stuff in IKEA. Where can you find modern and chic bed room, kitchen, living room, and even baby stuff from HK$10 and up? Only in IKEA!! I went to Causeway bay branch near the Fashion Walk building. I heard there's a new IKEA store in mega-box. Go na!


City Gate Outlet Mall --

City Gate Outlet Mall


Located outside the Tung Chung Station and before the entrance of the Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car. From Giordano to Burberry store, various brands are available in this outlet mall. Each outlet store sells up to 70% off from last season items. Few brands that caught my eyes were Nike, Puma, Mango, A/X, DKNY, Calvin Klein Jeans, Ralph Lauren, Bally, Cerruti, Lancel, CK underwear, The Body Shop, Burberry, Swatch, and Kate Spade. Oh speaking of Kate Spade, the bags are mark down up to 80% off. If your exhausted from walking, you can take a break and eat in Food Republic, we ate the Hainanese Chicken Rice there after the walkathon from Ngong Ping Village. I bought a watch in Swatch for HK$301 (PH 1800 if converted to peso). I want to go back and shop in Burberry because I saw good buys there.


Mongkok Night Market --

Mongkok Night Market

Are you looking for souvenirs, imitations from high-end brands, electronic stuff, laptop, cellphone, shoes, and etc that are very affordable? Mongkok night market is the right place to be. Although I didn't explore much the flea market because of an incident that I decided to shop in Langham Place and other retail brands scattered in Mongkok like Cotton On (which I absolutely like), Apple Store (clothing retail brand), H&M, Giordano Concept, Esprit, Giordano, IT outlet, and etc.


SOGO Department Store --



SOGO is a retail giant Japanese department store. There are two branches in Hong Kong, Causeway Bay which has 15 floors (WOW!!!) and Tsim Sha Tsui, both have access in MTR (Hong Kong train). SOGO sells various brands from athletic to high-end brands. If your lucky enough, you'll spot discounted items up to 70% off like Longchamps, North Face, and etc.